More than an improv course: a transformational investment
Improv Courses are specifically designed for:
- Comedy and drama Actresses / Actors – beginners or advanced in their career on stage, motion pictures, television, online videos
- Stand Up Comedians
- Aspiring performers
>> 6 weeks Training by Email
Why Should You Consider Improv? Click to expand.
We believe that each Performance is a co-creation involving You and a Director.
Directors tend to look for:
- Confidence in the creative process
- A general understanding of the characters
- The interpersonal relationship between characters – or the in-depth conflicted energies in a single character
The last one is generally the most important factor when it comes to choosing and building a cast. Improvisation skills help you to stand out.
Subscribe now to learn more about our Acting Improv distant learning course!
>> On-site Training, Montreal
Enhance your ability to improvise with authenticity and intensity. Click to expand.
Actresses / Actors, comedians and aspiring Performers, after your training course you will be able to take more risks on stage or in front of a camera, using your creativity on all levels (body, voice, expressiveness, mental, energy). You will also be able to improvise a scene / action / story of 15 min. length and more.
Solid grounds: status, acceptance & narrative skills – 2 x 1 hour
- A scene or an action is only captivating when one goes to the end of its consequences. Acceptance and forthright repartee are precious allies to provoke twists and create a memorable impression among the public or strangers;
- Knowing how to write an improv plot script (laying down the outline and improvising the content) makes it possible to achieve a long-lasting performance. It’s about imagining the milestones of a compelling story or each move within a situation.
Amplification: energy & relationships between forces – 2 x 1 hour
- We go further than basic status (dominant vs. dominated for example) usually outlined in acting or in everyday life, we suggest starting from status based on energy;
- Once the status understood and undertaken, attendees explore the relationship between energies and experience another form of intensity in a scene, action, or situation.
Accuracy: body & feelings (pose, voice, attitude, movement, etc.) – 2 x 1 hour
- Expressing an emotion (joy, sadness, mixed feelings) with sincerity is the minimum required, the most important part is to express it at the right moment and to discover what is our most effective channel: a tone, a facial expression, a movement… our signature;
- The final touch of a fair expressiveness is to make sure that our most effective channel matches with our acting or social partners: this is acting in sync.
- Expansion : parody, satire & mask – 2 x 1 hour
- This part of the course offers the opportunity to break free from established rules, to experience greater freedom in improv;
- Parody, satire or mask include being inhabited. This session allows you to channel your creative energy in order to achieve your goal in a comic, tragic or social context.
* An agenda and exercises will be sent two days before each session.
Our teaching practice is dynamic and immersive, we proceed with the greatest kindness towards attendees, ensuring progression in the mastery of improvisation. We have developed a particular approach to acting, based on an energetic character design, which we adapted to improvisation.
Mariam, 20 years expert in pedagogy and relational structures and Adam, actor and director, co-facilitate the classes.
Registration is open for the next session starting on April 2019. Sign up now for more info.